Vermont WRAP Facilitator Training - St Johnsbury, VT
POSTPONED - From May 18. If you need Seminar I: Developing Your Own WRAP for Vermonters, click here. Starts May 19.
This training is exclusively for participants that live and/or work in Vermont!
Spend five days with Copeland Center staff learning to become a WRAP Facilitator. This course is designed to help you become a powerful change agent as a WRAP Facilitator. You will gain a deeper understanding of the recovery process and learn to:
• work with people who have mental health challenges to discover the strengths they have and can use to enhance their recovery;
• effectively share the underlying concepts necessary to recovery - hope, personal responsibility, education, self-advocacy, and support;
• work with individuals and groups to develop a WRAP;
• teach about wellness tools and strategies;
• empower and motivate people to work toward recovery – feeling the way they want to feel, making their lives the way they want them to be, and moving toward meeting their life goals; and
• use interaction and presentation styles and strategies that enhance recovery.
This course models the behavior of a facilitator in a WRAP class and stresses authenticity and unconditional high regard, as well as a strong set of values and ethics to guide your work.
The 2020 Training will be held in St Johnsbury at the United Community Church, UCC, 1325 Main Street.
May 18 to 22, 9am to 4:30pm
While the training is free you will have to pay for all other travel and food expenses.
You must take a Seminar 1: Developing Your Own WRAP, sometimes called Intro to WRAP, WRAP class or workshop. There will be no exceptions to this prerequisite. Please contact your local Blueprint Coordinator or check the website where all local Seminar 1 Workshops are listed.
Please use the link below to register.
Online Application: https://forms.gle/
Course is limited to 18 participants. Submitting an application is the first step of the securing a seat in the training. You are not registered for the course until you receive confirmation from the Copeland Center.
This tuition for this training is sponsored by the Vermont Dept of Mental Health.