Online Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) Training
As of 3/4/21, this training is full. We are taking WAITLIST ONLY applications now.
The Copeland Center for Wellness and Recovery is an approved Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) training vendor by the Pennsylvania Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (OMHSAS) and the Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB).
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will be offering the CPS Training online for a limited time.
The Copeland Center has been a leader in peer recovery education for over 20 years. We bring the most engaging, skilled, and experienced trainers for high-quality and experiential training online and in-person. To get the most out of the online training experience and meet the educational requirements, you will need:
1. Access to a computer with speakers and camera.
2. The ability to connect online to Zoom and Canvas Instructure
3. The dedication to complete 18 'live' online sessions, assignments in Canvas and Practice Activities
4. Ability to complete and submit video/audio assignments
NOTE: Live Sessions, Canvas Discussions, and Practice Activities need to be completed for a certificate.
Additional technical assistance will be available to support individual learning needs.
This online training meets the pre-requisite to sit for the PCB CPS exam! Please note the additional requirements:
1. Upon passing the exam, certification is good for two years.
2. A 5-day in-person continuing education course approved by the PCB is required within one year of completing the online training.
3. This 5-day course will also meet your 36 hours of continuing education. It is designed to provide additional live practice with the essential skills for peer providers.
4. There will be two opportunities to complete this course in Fall 2021.
Cost of the training
Online Training = $1,125.00
5-day in-person Continuing Education = $650.00 (Does not include travel, lodging and meals)
Full Training Experience = $1,775.00
‘Live’ Training Days: 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
March 17, 2021 Creating Supportive Environments
March 18, 2021 Defining Wellness and Recovery
March 19, 2021 Foundations of Peer Support
March 24, 2021 Foundations of Peer Support, continued
March 25, 2021 The Way WRAP® Works
March 26, 2021 The Way WRAP® Works, continued
March 31, 2021 The Way WRAP® Works, continued
April 1, 2021 Sharing Your Wellness/Recovery Story
April 2, 2021 Sharing Your Wellness/Recovery Story
April 7, 2021 Peer Empowered Presentations and Peer Empowered Connections
April 8, 2021 Peer Empowered Presentations and Peer Empowered Connections
April 9, 2021 Talking with Intention
April 14, 2021 Peer Supported Community Inclusion
April 15, 2021 Peer Supported Community Inclusion
April 16, 2021 Crisis, Healing Trauma, and Peer Support
April 21, 2021 Boundaries
April 22, 2021 Wellness through Work and Documentation
April 23, 2021 Guest Speakers and Celebration
*There will be only one make-up session available
*You must attend all live sessions, group work and assignments for Certificate