Certified Peer Specialist Training (CPS) - Mt Gretna, PA
Join experienced Copeland Center trainers for the Certified Peer Specialist Training that prepares participants to sit for the PA Certification Board Exam and to enter the workforce as a certified peer support specialist.
This 10-day course utilizes experiential learning methods so you will be learning through practicing, sharing, reflecting. This hands-on approach is the most effective way to bring the philosophy and research of peer support into practical methods that can be used for a successful career. We are not only learning about practices and applications for future roles and relationships as certified peer specialist, we are also building and learning from the very peer relationships present in this course.
Training dates: September 7-11 and September 21-25, 2020
Certified Peer Specialist Qualifications
All participants must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have received or are receiving mental health services for serious mental illness
- Have a GED or High School Diploma.
- Completed at least 12 months of paid or volunteer work within the past three (3) years.
These are requirements of PA Certification Board (PCB)
Certified Peer Specialist Training Classes:
- The course runs 10 days – 5 days one week with a break for a week and 5 days in the next week. Classes usually run from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day. Participants must be able to attend all days and sessions of the course in order to get a certificate of completion.
- The training is designed for between 10 - 20 participants.